Happy New Year!
While many people consider the new year to be a time to look forward, setting new goals and resolutions to make the next year better, one of the best things we can all do is reflect on the previous year. That is, take a look back to take stock of what worked well, what didn’t work at all, and what could have been improved.
Consider your business and the successes you’ve enjoyed – as well as the obstacles overcome (or that left you stumbling). It’s a great time to reevaluate partners, such as third party logistics (3PL) and order fulfillment providers – particularly on the heels of the peak holiday season, which really puts these partners to the test.
The holiday season not only drives business for most retailers, but also provides the opportunity to make or break your bond with your customers, clients, fans, and friends. Statistics indicate that up to 8 in 10 customers switch brands if they have a bad customer experience. On the other side of the coin, 9 in 10 customers continue buying from companies that have provided a positive customer experience. A big part of that satisfaction lies in the hands of your fulfillment solution.
Did your current 3PL provider deliver?
One of the best ways to assess is by asking specific questions, such as:
- Did my partner meet my business needs by getting the orders out on time, providing the reports needed, responding to questions, and providing customers with delightful experiences as they opened their orders?
- Are they trustworthy, protecting my inventory, customers, and confidential data? What types of certifications or awards have they received?
- Does my fulfillment center provide top-notch facilities and state-of-the-art systems to track and handle fulfillment needs – in a fast, friendly, and accurate manner?
- Does my partner have multiple locations to optimize shipping times and costs?
- Is my partner flexible, able to handle changing volumes, custom requests, or other specialized fulfillment needs?
- Do they consistently deliver on their promises, providing great service to my company as well as my customers?
In short, was your provider able to rise to the challenge, facing the peak season rush with ease, quality communication, and professionalism? Or were they dropping balls and missing key opportunities to wow you and your customers? Did they fall behind, merely meet, or exceed your expectations? This is the perfect time of year to reassess your company’s needs and whether your partners are still right for your business as it grows and changes.
If not, now is also the perfect time to make a change.
Switching your fulfillment provider is easier than you might think, and at QuickBox, we’ve helped brands across the world do just that. Get in touch with us and tell us how we can help your business in the new year!